Monday, May 3, 2010

That Evil Place Called Kohls.

I think I may be developing a major shopping problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't go into a store and just buy a whole bunch of crap that I will never wear. My problem is that I had NO clothes, and I never buy myself clothes when I am out. I always think about things that the boys need, and if they don't need anything at the moment, I think about what they are going to need in the near future. I may pick up a cute top and try it on and get all the way to the register and feel so guilty about spending the money that I just end up putting it back. Shopping with my Husband is out of the question. All he says is sure honey, buy it, which would be great if I was Keira Knightly, or Natalie Portman or somebody with an equal amount of money. But I'm just a housewife who is very conscious of our budget. Also I am having a really hard time shopping for myself because I have these HUGE body-image issues, since I have failed to lose all the baby weight from M.D (now 2). So all I owned were 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of black pants (all 3 pants I have had for over a year and a half), 4 t-shirts, 3 v-neck shirts that I wear when I want to "dress up" and a zip up hoodie that I live in. No really. I have to wash the thing like twice a week.

So about 2 weeks ago, I was getting ready to go on a field trip with P.C and the other 2nd grade classes. This wasn't just any field trip we were going to S.F to go see the symphony. Momentary panic ensued when I read that we had to "dress up". I had NOTHING to wear! We had a little bit of extra money in the budget so I figured I would just go to Kohls and get a top (hopefully on sale) to wear with my black pants. Picked up Lil B from kindergarten, and off we went. I swear we spent 3 long, agonizing, tearful hours trying on clothes (which is a another post entirely), but finally ended up finding 2 dress shirts, a pair of really, really nice Mudd jeans and a "dressy" t-shirt, all on sale. I realized I forgot to get my coupon from the house when I left that morning and it was time to get P.C from school, so I put everything on hold, vowing to come back the next day and get my treasures.

The next day was a short day, so I went back to Kohls with all three boys (and my coupon) to get my clothes. Turns out they were having an even better sale that day, and I could still use my $10.00 off coupon. Hmmm, what to do? Grab my clothes and go or browse around some more and see if I could find anything else? Well that's a no brainer. Browse of course! Tried a trillion more tops on with no success,(and a few tears), but did find an amazing pencil skirt and a bathing suit at a ridiculous price. The bathing suit I wasn't so sure about, because I think it might make me look fat. But what if I put it back and decided later that I wanted it and it wasn't there? Hmmm, rather be safe than sorry so I put that in the basket and headed to customer service to pick up my other clothes. Now the "dressy" t-shirts were on sale for $3.00 a piece, so I grabbed 3 more on the way up to the register to pay. Did I mention the AMAZING sale they were having that day? 60% off of everything, plus my cupon, plus $10 in Kohls cash for every $50 you spend, plus an extra 20% off if you open up a Kohls charge card (10% if you don't get approved). So all in all I got 6 shirts, a bathing suit (that was regularly $80.00 by itself), a pair of jeans and a skirt for $85.00. I know $85.00! Can you believe it?

I realized after I got all those great clothes, that Kohls is actually on my way home from school. Uh-oh, here's where the whole addiction thing comes in. I have gone by Kohls, after school, once a week since then and have come out of there with a new shirt every time. And remember that really great sale? It ended. That week. I even told the cashier today as I was buying 2 more shirts, that I really shouldn't be buying them. She just smiled and said "debit or credit" as she folded them and put them in the bag. I am thinking that it is a probably a good thing that I only have 3 more weeks of school left, because after school ends, I really won't have any reason to drive over that way. Until fall semester starts :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment