Monday, August 6, 2012

Definitely Bigger Than A Spider

Our dirty laundry had started to take over our house and garage, so when I woke up this morning, I decided that I couldn't put it off any longer and started moving it all into the garage. Now, I have learned from previous experience, that you always check the washing machine before you start throwing clothes into it. (I once found a mouse in a pile of laundry that I had just pulled out of the washer and had to rewash the entire load). I glanced into the drum and saw what seemed to be a wash cloth at the bottom of the drum. No biggie. I reached inside the drum to pull the wash cloth out when all of a sudden, I realized it wasn't a wash cloth. OH SHIT! I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Babe, you have got to come check this out" I said. "Is it a spider, because I don't wanna see another spider" he replied. "No, I replied, it is definitely bigger than a spider". The boys came outside and peaked into the washer, than hubby came out and peaked into the washer. What The F... ! Was his surprised reply. Inside our washer, was this:
A BABY DOVE!!!! I asked the boys to bring me 2 plastic bags (it may be cute but who knows what kind of diseases it may be carrying ) and a shoe box. After some discussion, we decided to put it in the box and let it go out front. If for whatever reason it couldn't fly away, we would take it to the SPCA. I grabbed the baby bird, and carefully placed it in the box. Hubby put the lid on it and took it out front. We carefully lifted the lid, and...
It just sat there... I snapped another pic with my DSLR and lifted my phone up to take a picture with that too. I must have scared the baby bird when I lifted my hand because all of a sudden, it flapped it's wings and flew away. And just when it got over the neighbor's fence, another dove flew down from the tree to guide her baby to safety. One more picture of our bird:
Isn't she cute?

3 comments:

  1. Now excuse me while I go and disinfect my washer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how cute! And the question is, how did it get in your washer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I still haven't been able to figure it out...

    ReplyDelete