Saturday, July 31, 2010

Intruder in the Backyard

Hubby has been working nights the last couple of weeks so, among other things, I have taken over the job of watering the grass. We used to have this nice automated sprinkler system but our dog (whom is no longer with us)ate the wiring so now we have to turn it on and off manually.

Our yard backs up to some hills so although it's nice and private, it is also VERY dark and creepy at night. Now, I am woman enough to admit that I am completely afraid of the dark. And having a very over active imagination doesn't help much either. When I do go out back at night, I go out and come back in quickly, so that anything (human or animal) out there won't be able to get me.

So I go outside the other night around 11:30 to water the grass. It is, of course, all dark and creepy out there. I am bending down fiddling with the sprinklers when all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I glance up and out of the corner of my eye, I see something in the shadows. No, not something, SOMEONE.

All of the blood in my body turns to ice and I start to shake. My heart stops beating for a couple of seconds. Terror and panic wash over me.

What do I do? Fight or flight? Fight or flight? Flight or fight?

My brain finally kicks in.

RUN!!!!!

I take off at a dead run. As I reach the back door, I look back see that the someone is still standing there. I take another look and realize....


I thought I was gonna get murdered by....

and subsequently ran from.......

the BARBEQUE GRILL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment